May 2, 2015

Comic Books and Long Lines




Today is FCBD 2015, and last week was Winston-Salem Comic Con.

Winston-Salem Comic Con

In case your wondering...yes I cosplayed.  This time I went as Nacho from the cult classic "Nacho Libre".  As soon as I got in the door, I was split up from my group to take pictures with some other atendees.  All together, I think I posed as Nacho for a photo-op 4 times.  The big issues I was planning on buying were all the issues of " Darth Vader", "Star Wars" and "Amazing Spider-Man" I had missed(I haven't picked up my subs since January).  After no succes of finding Star Wars #2, I finally found it at one of the smaller booths, but quickly learned since my last visit to the comic shop, that the 1st and 2nd printings of #2 had sold out, making it way more valuble than issue #1.  When I aksed how much it was the man said $20...my response was okay, and I walked away.  Eventually I found a 1st print #2 without a bag and board for cover price,  I snagged it fast.  Also I bought the remainder of Spider-Verse, which I have now finished...it was 100% amazing.  I continued walking around with my friends, bought some Doctor Who issues, and some 50c Todd McFarlane Spider-Man books.  Eventually we left, and walked over to the Earth Day fair, which was also happening on the fairgrounds.  While there we got a group photo with Dora and Tigger.  We finished out the day with some mexican food, and hung out for a while.
For the full list of comics, stay tuned for "VGTR Live #005", coming soon to the VGTR YouTube channel.
The group...and our new friends

Free Comic Book Day

Now, I'm currrently out of town, so I missed the FCBD event at Burke Street Comics.  I ended up going to a store here in North Myrtle Beach called Apocolypse Comics.  They had alot of stuff going on, including a cosplay contest a Super Smash Bros. gaming tournament.  I stayed true and stood in line, and was subjected to hearing plot spoilers for Age of Ultron.  Also while in line I heard a couple of Dudes complaining about the existance of a Jane Foster action figure(Thor's Girlfriend), " Who'd want her in thier collection? she doesn't fit in with the rest of these figures.". My solution(which I didn't share) is: A die hard Star Wars fan would buy it, and redress it as Padme Amidala.  Makes sense, right?  Once inside I picked up all the FCBD issues I wanted, and some Indies I've never heard of.  It wasn't the best store I've ever been in, but I was able to get my books, and that's what counts.  
Doctor Who and FCBD, can't go wrong!

Thanks for stopping by!!!
LLAP

No comments:

Post a Comment